.

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Why am I such a terrible climber?

Have you asked yourself this question?  It's something I do every time I hit a hill that's over 5% or lasts longer than 30 seconds.  I hesitate to count the number of times I've settled into a climb, thinking I'm doing well, and looked down at my Garmin to see my legs chopping out 75 rpm.  Then the peloton turns into a herd of goats bounding joyously up the hill.  All that's left is to grit my teeth and swear revenge on the flats should I ever catch them.

Well no more!  I'm announcing my intention to use this great early season weather to explore what it feels like to probe the upper cadence registers while climbing.  Weather permitting, and for the next month or so, I'll be posting Tuesday night rides on the training forum.  I expect most of these to be in-town hill-repeat festivals.  

So have a look and book a spot if you have a predilection for foolishness (I was going to say 'pain' but that's too melodramatic).
Chuck


No comments:

Full Calendar