.

Monday, April 29, 2013

Velocity stage race in Edmonton May 11-12... anybody going?

Registration is now up on the Velocity club website:

http://www.velocitycyclingclub.ca

The stage race consists of an individual time trial sprint, criterium and road race over two days. The road course is completely flat and typically has strong crosswinds, seemingly from every direction. It's a great sufferfest to whip you into shape and it's the only ABA road race before the provincial road race in Pigeon Lake two weeks later.

Signup appears to be capped to 50 riders per ability category, so if you are in Cat 5 or 4 and are planning to race, you should sign up early to avoid disappointment. I'll be there unless it's snowing.

CAUTION: This race is the same weekend as Mother's Day

5 comments:

Chuck J said...

I'm entered but I haven't decided whether to drag my family up for the weekend.

AlanO said...

I'm in. Only 5 more CAT 5 spots left. Anyone looking for a roommate?

Chuck J said...

I'll be there.

AlanO said...

That's it 3 STC members?

Chuck J said...

Most people are going to Pentiction. I count 8 STC total, at least we have 3 Cat 5's.

Sorry no roommate options, I'm staying with relatives.

Lets meet before the road race to coordinate.

Full Calendar