.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Awesome race on Sat.! and make sure to be watching the Lance/Oprah Interview!

Team, I raced on Sat. at the Nose Creek XC 6.5km race put on by the other wicked club in town, the Calgary Road Runners (who don't do much road running :).

Anyway, I always put together these little videos, but I was fortunate enough to be in a great battle with David Guss for this one. He started out extremely quickly and I gassed myself trying to catch him and he would surge from the front and force me to match his attacks through the race! It was awesome and just like a two man bike race. Me being the lesser racer on the day, was forced to follow his attacks. In the last 4min, I knew I had to do something as I had seen him sprint before and didn't want to be on the bad side of that, so along the final long straight stretch (at 26min into the video) I tried to come around him multiple times. And just like in cycling, if your attacks are weak and don't surprise your opponent, they don't get anywhere. You can see David respond to each of my surges, wicked! I finally rallied enough to lay down a real attack in the final 200 meters and thought I had taken it....(cliffhanger) ... great finish and great race!  Congrats to David and thanks for the fun.

Here is the link to the video.  It is the 6th race in the series so just scroll to the bottom.

Also, Lance Armstrong is chatting to Oprah on Thursday evening at 8pm. I think it will be streamed simultaneously if you are like me and don't have TV. If someone wants to post a direct link to the stream, that would be great.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Link to the live stream, courtesy of CyclingFans:

http://www.cyclingfans.com/oprahs-lance-armstrong-interview-live

Dennis said...

That was almost a photo finish - awesome! It does seem to be hard to surprise David when he can see your shadow. He seems to able to cruise the downhills faster... the wind drag of your GoPro is slowing you down...

Full Calendar