.

Monday, August 20, 2012

Cross-tastic Tuesdays

With autumn fast approaching and the seasons first Cyclocross races nearly upon us Fat Tire Tuesday will be herein forth known as Cross-tastic Tuesday.

Bring your Cyclocross or MTB bike to Ramsay School for some CX skills practice, some hop n' hurl, run-ups, dismounts, remounts, step-throughs, shouldering, race starts, off-camber cornering etc. If none of this makes sense or you have no idea what the heck I'm talking about, come and find out.

(Oh yeah I forgot to mention...as Marcy pointed out in her comment...There will be no need for racks, bottle cages, fenders, lights or any other thingys attached to your bike. In fact they will totally get in the way)

Depending on the group we can go over various techniques and skills for Cyclocross. We can do some mock racing and some intervals blasts too. This will be a totally laid back session for fun and practice. I'm by no means an authority on the subject but I can try to be of help for anyone wanting to learn.

When: 6:30pm, Tuesday August 21
Where: Ramsay School (map)


The quintessential compilation of European Cylcocross racing:


3 comments:

Marcy Kimpton said...

It's time to take my fenders and bottle cages off!

See you there!

Trev said...

Daaamnnnnn it's Cross season !! I'm in ...

If we held a Cross Race there, we could call it 'Ramsay the Damned' after Anne Rice's wicked book. That would be perfect for a Cross race.

Trev

Kyle said...

I'm all signed up. Thomas, the more off-road skills that you teach me, the closer I get to you.

Full Calendar