.

Monday, March 9, 2009

Sprinting and Strategy Workshop #1




I'm going to run what will hopefully be a multi-evening workshop on sprinting and associated strategies. It'll be aimed at those new to racing, but all Speed Theorists are welcome.

When: 6:30pm to around 8pm, Thursday, March 12th

Where: My house, 1432 29 St SW. Depending on numbers and weather, we'll either be in the garage or basement. Plenty of street parking.

Bring you usual spinning gear: road bike, trainer, post-spin food and drink

For this first round, we'll talk about the theory during a half-hour warmup, then do a few drills. Don't worry if you're not "a sprinter" (take a look at me!), this workshop should be useful for anyone doing crits or road races this year. Try to avoid getting beat-down in the 24 hours prior, so your muscles can handle some big-gear mashing. Hopefully next time we can start thinking about getting on the road.

Leave a comment if you're in.

Lockie

[Editor's (Trev's) note]: I really hope the Cat5 and Women contigent of our membership take advantage of these workshops and support them with their attendance.

18 comments:

Thomas said...

Coincidentally my training plan has some sprint work slotted in for next Thursday. So this would line up nicely. I'm in tentatively just have to get access to the family car. I'll confirm tonight.

Thomas said...

Confirmed

Matt Mackay said...

hey man, count me in!

Slayer Dan said...

Is there any chance that a session like this would be considered or offered on a Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday?

Dan

Anonymous said...

I am in!
Amy

Mark said...

Sounds fun

Amanda said...

Hey, I'm new at this, but I'd like to join in!

Darcy G said...

Lockie,

Thanks for the invite, but I've got a few weeks left in the Oval program. Once that's done count me in.

Darcy

Anonymous said...

Works for me. I am in.

Anonymous said...

I think the Garage crew can be there, possibly 4 of us. Do you have room in your basement / Garage?

Tom

RobWoolley said...

Hey Lockie, I am annoyingly tied up, but I wish I could be there. Thanks for doing this though, your sprinting skills are enviable thanks for sharing.

Rui said...

see you there

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun, Thursday's supposed to be a run & swim night but this looks worth rescheduling.

Murray S

Anonymous said...

I'm in if it's not too late.

Ryan.

Anonymous said...

Looks like it will just be me from the garage crew. Lots of people away tonight.

Tom

Anonymous said...

Sorry Lockie...can't come tonight. I've got a cold. Next time, I hope.
Diana

Mark said...

I am out for tonight. After my performance last night, I don't think that I need to destroy my body. I am going to get in a spin, but nothing too treacherous.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I was called in to work..mandatory...@#$%...hope I can catch the next one
Amy

Full Calendar